This article includes everything about my personal FabFilter Saturn 2 review. The Saturn 2 is capable of creating a wide range of saturation sounds, from subtle warmth to full-on distortion. It’s also very easy to use, with a clean and intuitive interface. And it sounds great! If you’re in the market for a saturation plugin, definitely check out the FabFilter Saturn 2 plugin.
It’s sure to give your tracks the extra edge they need. Also, if you’re looking for a powerful and versatile EQ plugin, then you must buy the best saturation plugin. Featuring eight different filter types, each with its own unique sound, the Saturn 2 can help you shape your audio in all sorts of interesting ways. And with its intuitive interface and comprehensive controls, it’s easy to get great results quickly.
So, what exactly does the Saturn 2 have to offer? Let’s read it in this Fabfilter Saturn 2 review below!
Table of contents
Sleek and stylish interface
The first thing you’ll notice about the Saturn 2 plugin is its sleek and stylish interface. Each of the eight filter types is represented by a different color, making it easy to see what’s going on at a glance. And the large display shows you exactly how each filter is affecting the sound.
Saturn 2 runs faster than the previous version, and it comes with four different theme options. Moreover, the saturation plugin has a full-screen mode, which makes it adjustable to any screen.
Lots of distortion types
The FabFilter Saturn 2 plugin has 28 different distortion types ready to use. This is double the amount compared with the first edition. Some of these types are: Tape, Tube, Amplifier, Transformer, and Smudge.
One of the most important variables to use is the Drive knob. It determines the amount of distortion being applied to the sound. Turning up the knob will balance out the output signal of the audio recording. That way, the audio won’t be unmanageable when changes are being made.
Improvements to the modulation
The saturation plugin comes with live modulation visualization. These are easy to drag-and-drop, and contain 50 slots for the modulation matrix. Moreover, FabFilter Saturn 2 offers various amount of modulation options. You can get started with all the 16-step XLFOs or use envelope generators instead. Furthermore, the presets are designed in a professional way, and it is possible to use presets from the first Saturn edition as well.
The Saturn 2 features eight different filter types
- High Pass: This type of filter allows high frequencies to pass through while attenuating lower frequencies. It’s great for reducing muddiness in a mix or for creating a sharper, brighter sound.
- Low Pass: The opposite of a high pass filter, a low pass filter allows low frequencies to pass through while attenuating higher frequencies. It’s ideal for creating a smoother, warmer sound.
- Band Pass: A bandpass filter allows a specific range of frequencies to pass through while attenuating the rest. It’s perfect for isolating specific instruments or sounds in a mix.
- Notch: A notch filter is a very narrow bandpass filter. It’s great for getting rid of unwanted frequencies, such as feedback hum.
- Parametric EQ: A parametric EQ allows you to boost or cut specific frequencies. It’s very versatile and can be used to fine-tune the sound of an instrument or a whole mix.
- Shelf EQ: A shelf EQ allows you to boost or cut all frequencies above or below a certain point. It’s useful for making broad changes to the tonal balance of a track and this is what would force you to buy the best tape saturation plugin.
- Bell: A bell filter is a parametric EQ with a bell-shaped curve. It’s ideal for boosting or cutting specific frequencies without affecting the surrounding area too much.
- Filter Modulation: This unique feature of the Saturn 2 lets you modulate the filter cutoff frequency with an envelope follower or an LFO. This can create all sorts of interesting effects, from subtle movement to wild modulation.
What do other people think of the saturation plugin?
Saturation is a key element in music production. More and more music producers, and engineers are using saturation for their sounds. I have collected some reviews from other producers. That way, you get to know what the opinions of other artists are.
You can find some reviews of them down below.
Pros and cons of FabFilter Saturn 2
Saturn 2 offers several different features that can make a difference for the listener. For example:
- The plugin includes several different types of filters that can be used to shape the sound of your audio. The ability to adjust the EQ of your audio can be very helpful in getting the perfect sound.
- In addition, Saturn 2 is the best saturation plugin because it also offers a saturation control that can add warmth and depth to your audio.
- One of the great things about Saturn 2 is that it is very easy to use.
- The interface is very user-friendly and there are several different presets that you can choose from.
- The downside of Saturn 2 is that it is a bit pricey. It costs $154. However, if you are upgrading from Saturn 1, it will cost $77.
- It can sometimes introduce artifacts into your audio track, and it can also be a bit CPU-intensive.
If you are new to using plug-ins, this can be a great way to get started. However, even if you are an experienced user, you will find that Saturn 2 is very easy to use.
Furthermore, when you consider the quality of the sound that it can produce for sounds and vocals, the price is worth it. If you are looking for a high-quality and best saturation plugin to give your audio a boost, buy the best saturation plugin for vocals.
Usability for audio engineers and music producers
As an audio engineer or music producer, it is important to have a variety of high-quality tools at your disposal to create the best possible sound. One such tool is the fabfilter Saturn 2. This plug-in is designed to give your audio a boost, whether you are working on a track for a client or for your listening pleasure. It is important to have a good quality filter to work with.
Why you should buy fabfilter Saturn 2? The plugin is a high-quality filter that is useable for a variety of purposes. It is useable to remove unwanted frequencies from your audio track or to boost certain frequencies that you want to stand out. It can also be used to create special effects, such as making your drums sound bigger or your guitars sound warmer.
The saturation plugin can be applied to any audio recording, because it produces a gentle form of distortion. It gives more body and fullness to any audio signal, and you can’t go really wrong with it. Since saturation is a soft form of distortion, you won’t destroy the sound in an extreme way.
However, there are some downsides to using this particular plugin. For example, it can occasionally introduce artifacts to your audio, and it can also be a bit CPU-intensive.
Overall, this is a great plugin for those who are looking for a high-quality filter. That is why i recommend to buy FabFilter Saturn 2! It is easy to use, affordable, and it offers a lot of features.
The FabFilter Saturn 2 review you needed!
As you can tell by now, the Saturn 2 is a very powerful and versatile EQ plugin. And with its easy-to-use interface and comprehensive controls, it’s perfect for both beginners and experts alike.
So, if you’re looking for the new best tape saturation plugin be sure to check this out. If you’re looking for a high-quality saturator plugin, then this is the best choice. It’s one of the most popular Saturn plugins on the market, and for good reason.
I hope my fabfilter Saturn 2 review was worth reading, and gave you all the in-depth information you need.
Frequently Asked Questions about FabFilter Saturn 2
All frequently asked questions are findable down below. These questions give you more information about the FabFilter Saturn 2 review!
Is FabFilter Saturn 2 better than Soundtoys Decapitator?
In my honest opinion, I prefer the first plugin. I just don’t get the right sound with Decapitator. Furthermore, the plugin only seems to make the sound louder, and I wouldn’t recommend the Soundtoys plugin for in-depth saturation purposes. Moreover, I think FabFilter Saturn 2 is more worth the money, because it has more options than Decapitator.
Keep in mind that Decapitator is more expensive than FabFilter Saturn 2. The first plugin costs around $199.00, and the FabFilter plugin costs around $154.00.
Is saturation recommendable for mastering purposes?
I recommend using FabFilter Saturn 2 in the mastering process. You can use it to create a fuller, and warmer mix. Furthermore, you can use saturation on stem files as well. Keep in mind to use an equalizer as well. That way, you can eliminate any harsh or weird sounding frequencies.